EDR Group analyzes economic opportunities, impacts and benefits associated with seaports, inland waterways and related domestic and international trade. The firm has conducted analysis studies for small and large ports, barge and inland waterways, and national marine port issues. EDR Group’s marine economics services include:
- Documenting marine port roles in supporting local, regional and state economies,
- Developing coastal and port areas as part of economic development and urban growth plans,
- Evaluating business needs and opportunities for enhancing port services and facilities,
- Measuring public cost and tax revenues associated with marine ports, and
- Calculating benefit/cost and economic impact analysis for proposed port investments.
EDR Group also conducts research on sustainability and resilience issues related to marine ports.