Energy & Environment
EDR Group assesses economic costs, benefits, performance and economic development opportunities associated with energy programs, environmental policies, and new technology investments. Our clients include utilities, private companies and government agencies. Our studies focus on analyzing national, regional and local economic development consequences of policies, programs and facilities to promote business productivity, efficient resource use and economic growth. They include market/feasibility, economic impact, social benefit/cost and revenue analysis pertaining to:
- Energy efficiency technologies and support programs,
- Renewable energy systems (including customer-sited, utility-scale, wind & solar PV) ,
- Gas pipeline and electricity generating/transmission facilities,
- Environmental regulations (multi-pollutant strategies, Clean Power Plan, RGGI),
- Clean technology product development, and
- Costs of energy and environmental regulation.
EDR Group is also a leader in research issues related to energy policies, power generation portfolios, performance evaluation and sustainability.